Foreign students in Canada may legally work while studying depending on the programme they have chosen. This is an opportunity to earn money to partially cover their study and living expenses. A student registered at a two-year college programme usually gets a two-year working permit to work 20 hours per week during the semestr and full-time during vacations. Working permits can be extended to three years. After successfully completing his or her study and working at least one year in his or her area of study, the student can apply for permanent residency (PR).  Being a permanent resident paves the way to citizenship. Being a Canadian citizen also means that you can stay in Canada permanently or return to your home country while maintaining the citizenship.

Please read carefully: OUR RESPONSIBILITIES with regard to Immigration and Citizenship.

Depending on your education goals in Canada:

  • You can enroll at different programmes at a language school for a few weeks or months to improve your language skills to the desired level, returning to your home country at the end of this programme.
  • Your can enroll at a “pathway programme”, a language course of unusually 6 to 8 months, preparing you for a TOEFL or IELTS test. By then, you can continue your study at a college or university. (See also below, OUR SERVICES)
  • Going to high school in Canada is an option you should consider if you plan to study at a university or college in Canada or abroad or seeking for an international experience. If you study in Canada in the last two years of the high school, you have a chance to choose a university or college programme you want, depending on your GPA The high school education in Canada is four years and the student’s performance particularly in the last year (Grade 12) is a determining factor to choose the programme he/she wants to pursue in Canada.  Foreign students can choose a private or public high school. Most high schools have contingents for foreign students and the counselling services are good.

Whatever goals you have in life, studying in Canada is always a good start.