Federal and provincial laws require that a student younger that 18 years of age must have a guardian, a Canadian citizen. If you need this service, please talk to us at least one month prior to the arrival of the student. We can provide this service for a moderate fee. A notarized copy of the guardianship document will be sent to your address. This document is required for your visa application.